Montag, 11. Juni 2012

How About We Read You The Riot Act

(Bookstore | Cape Town, South Africa)
Customer: “Hi, I am looking for a fashion book.”
Me: “Sure, sir. Do you know the title or any specifics?”
Customer: “No, I do not.”
Me: “I will show you the fashion section then, sir.”
(As we walk to the fashion section…)
Customer: “I don’t know why people read; it’s like a disease! I find Facebook and other things on the internet are more fun.”
Me: “I enjoy reading, sir. It’s quite stimulating and exciting.”
Customer: “So, if you read, that means you don’t have a girlfriend?”
Me: “I do have a girlfriend. We have been together a long time.”
Customer: “How does she put up with you reading?”
Me: “She enjoys reading too, sir.”
Customer: “Oh, so you two must have a very boring life together and do nothing fun!”

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen